IT, administration, finance, engineering, HR, drafting, LiDAR technicians, and COVID-19 contract tracers
- Cost savings:
- No standardized rate across all contract labor for the business.
- Lack of centralized processes:
- Procurement spent a considerable amount of time educating hiring managers on contract labor and pricing.
- Process adherence:
- Inconsistent onboarding requirements and rates with no system in place to accurately manage the tenure of contractors to ensure compliance with contingent worker guidelines.
- Administrative burden:
- Hiring managers were inundated with supplier follow-up and feedback requests. The business was self-managing contract nuances and negotiations on a one-off basis.